Do you need to form an LLC or corporation, and you prefer to have a professional service handle the paperwork for you? Corpnet is one of several companies that can get the job done.
In this review, we’ll talk about the important details you need to know before choosing their service. Alternatively, you can check out our comparison guide of the top online incorporation services.
Why We Scored Corpnet 6/10
When it comes to online incorporation services, here’s what matters most:
- Does the company offer good value for what you pay?
- Do they have a track record for providing high-quality service?
- Do they offer good customer support if you need help?
- How easy is it to place and create an order?
- How quickly is your business formed?
Based on these criteria, Corpnet gets a 6/10. Their LLC and corporation formation packages are slightly overpriced compared to some of their competitors, especially considering that their $108 Basic package only includes a 60-day trial of registered agent service.
However, Corpnet receives terrific customer feedback, with high average rating scores and hundreds of reviews available online. Also, they have an excellent support department that really goes above and beyond what many competing incorporation services offer in this regard. We also appreciate their 100% satisfaction guarantee, which is one of the best refund policies in the industry.
Corpnet Overall Pricing and Value
To begin, one issue that we’ll point out is that Corpnet charges $29 for shipping and handling of every order, which is not included in the advertised rates of their packages. We’re only aware of one other incorporation service that doesn’t include shipping in their package pricing models, so to make it easier to compare Corpnet with their competitors, we’ve included that $29 in the price of each package (which is why the Basic package they advertise for $79 is listed here at $108).
Compared to other online incorporation services, Corpnet fell somewhere in the middle when it comes to their price points. Their $108 Basic package provides a decent value if your business formation needs are relatively simple, and you don’t need registered agent service.
Their $228 Deluxe package is pretty reasonably priced as well, as it includes a full year of registered agent service, along with a couple other additional features that add some value. However, we’re not impressed with their top-tier $278 Complete package, as it doesn’t really add enough bang for your buck to justify spending the extra $50 to jump up from the Deluxe package.
The husband-and-wife duo of Philip and Nellie Akalp run Corpnet, a company they launched in 2005. The Akalps have been in the incorporation industry for longer than that though, as they started providing LLC and corporation formation service back in 1997. In other words, they have plenty of experience in this industry.
In their 20+ years of experience, the Akalps have formed over 100,000 LLCs and corporations across all 50 states. Customer reviews are a major strength for Corpnet, as they have hundreds of reviews available, and over 98% of them are 4- or 5-star ratings. In their reviews, their satisfied customers frequently discuss the quality of Corpnet’s customer support, the efficiency of their services, and the simplicity of ordering their formation packages.
Corpnet offers phone, email, and chat support. Unlike most competitors, they also offer bilingual support, which is a wonderful feature for Spanish-speaking customers. We submitted a question via email, and received a response by mid-morning the next day. Our question was answered and elaborated upon some to give us additional information.
We also called and received a similar response. The representative who answered the phone took the time to ask if we had any other questions, and seemed to genuinely care about our inquiry. Finally, their chat feature works quite well, and the representative we were connected with was courteous and professional.
All told, Corpnet really shines when it comes to customer support, and it’s easy to see why their clients praise their support department so much in their reviews.
Ease of Placing an Order
The point of using an incorporation service is to save time and make the formation process simple. With some online services, it can still feel like you’re basically filing on your own. But with Corpnet, the process is straightforward and convenient.
The first page is where you make your selections from three general packages and a handful of add-on options. Your total price adds up at the bottom of the page as you select your package and features, and it includes your state fee so that you know exactly how much your formation will cost before you even start entering your information.
Once you’ve made your choices, you’ll fill out their order form, which is where you give them your contact info, along with any relevant business information that they’ll need to form your company.
One interesting tidbit from their order form is the fact that you will be charged an extra $79 if you choose not to use Corpnet as your registered agent. Of course, with all of their packages including registered agent for at least 60 days, even if you don’t want them to serve as your registered agent, you can still check the box to use them as your agent, then file a “change of registered agent” form with your state at a later date. It’s a bit of an unnecessary hassle, but it’s better than throwing away $79!
After you complete the order form, all you need to do is submit your payment and they’ll get started on your formation.
Overall Turnaround Time
Corpnet conveniently lists turnaround times for both standard and expedited service on the package select screen. Depending on your state, this could be as quick as a couple business days, or it could take as long as several weeks.
Our one other note in this section is that their Deluxe and Complete packages both include 24-hour document preparation, which means Corpnet will prepare and submit your formation paperwork within 24 hours of you placing your order. While the Basic package does not include this feature, we’ve never heard any complaints about them taking too much time to submit your formation documents, so we wouldn’t be particularly concerned about it.
Pricing & Features of Each Service
Corpnet offers three packages you can choose from. Each one has a list of features that come standard for the price, and all features from the higher-priced packages are also available as add-on services on the lower-cost packages.
This Package Is Best for: Entrepreneurs who are simply looking to form an LLC or corporation, without all the bells and whistles that other packages include.
This package costs $108, plus the state filing fee. It includes the following features:
- Name availability search – Corpnet will search your state’s business database to make sure that your desired company name is available, and hasn’t already been claimed by another business entity.
- Preparation and filing of articles of organization (LLC) or incorporation (corporation) – They will create your formation documents, then submit them to your state government to officially form your new business.
- Corpnet B.I.Z. – This corporate compliance management tool sends you reminders for important due dates regarding your business, like annual report deadlines, tax filing dates, and more. It also gives you a convenient place to store your business documents.
- 60-day trial registered agent service – Corpnet will serve as your registered agent for 60 days. This means you can use their address as your business address to receive important document deliveries from the state, which cuts down on junk mail and helps protect your personal information from becoming public record.
This Package Is Best for: Entrepreneurs who want to form an LLC or corporation while also getting an EIN and a full year of registered agent service.
The Deluxe package costs $228, plus the state filing fee. It includes everything from the Basic package, plus:
- One year registered agent service
- Federal tax ID number (EIN) – Corpnet will acquire your EIN, which you’ll need if you want to hire employees, and it also helps you pay business taxes, open business bank accounts, etc. You can acquire your own EIN from the IRS for free, but this feature removes that hassle.
- 24-hour document preparation – They will prepare and submit your formation paperwork to your state within 24 hours of receiving your order.
- Print delivery – In addition to electronic access to your formation documents through the Corpnet B.I.Z. dashboard, they will mail you a hard copy as well.
This Package Is Best for: Entrepreneurs who are looking for a quicker turnaround time, along with additional documents that may be required for your LLC or corporation.
The Complete package costs $278 plus state filing fee, and it includes all features from the Deluxe package, plus:
- Custom operating agreement – This internal document outlines how the business will be governed from both managerial and financial standpoints.
- Custom bylaws – The bylaws are the internal rules and regulations for the daily operations of the corporation, including items like how many directors are on the board, when/where shareholder meetings are held, etc.
- Custom meeting minutes – Minutes provide an outline for your official business meetings, and also provide space to take notes on what happens at those meetings. While minutes are only required for corporations, Corpnet provides them for LLCs as well.
- Business kit and seal – You will receive a binder with your company name embossed on it, which you can use to store your business documents. This feature also includes a decorative seal customized with your company info, as well as stock certificates (corporation) or membership certificates (LLC).
Corpnet offers a selection of additional services that you can add onto your formation package, and these features vary depending on what’s available for your state of formation. In most states, they offer annual report filing service and a business license research package.
In states where they’re required, they also offer state sales tax registrations. For businesses in most states, these additional features are not strictly required, but they are available if you would like to purchase them.
Final Thoughts on Corpnet
Overall, there’s a lot to like about Corpnet, but also plenty of areas where their service could use improvements. We’re big fans of their customer support network, and they also receive fantastic reviews from their clients, which are both areas where Corpnet scores some serious points with us.
However, their pricing just isn’t competitive enough to compare favorably with service providers like Incfile and Northwest, who provide a full year of registered agent with any formation, while still offering price points under $50.
If Corpnet could find a way to cut their prices down just a bit, we feel like they would be competing with the best online incorporation services in the industry. As is, they’re still a solid mid-range option for LLC and corporation formations.